The Summer weather has finally arrived in sunny Southern California! I’ve been shopping for sandals, shorts, dresses, tees & all the Summer accessories. & I hit the jackpot recently with none other than WALMART! If you’re anything like me, you probably rolled your eyes if your mom took you clothes shopping at Walmart as a teenager. But lucky for us, [ now that we pay for our own clothes 😉 ] they have totally changed their game plan! They have SUPER cute clothes, shoes & accessories at their same, really low prices. I seriously can’t get over how much I love some of these affordable summer style finds! And fun fact: 90% of Americans live within 10 MILES of a Walmart! That means it’s super accessible for everyone! BUT! If you would rather shop online, they now offer FREE 2 day shipping on orders of $35+.
I’ve been raving about a few of my absolute favorites on Instagram for the past few weeks but thought I would share my favorite outfits in one place! The 2 things I have worn the most? These white sandals [less than $11!!] and these rose gold sandals that are $15! They are so comfortable and I’ve worn them ALL day with no issues. Several of these outfits cost a TOTAL of around $50- for everything. So if you’re looking to update your Summer wardrobe, check out Walmart. You may be surprised at what you find! 🙂
PS: I purchased these items with my own money & this blog post is NOT sponsored. I am truly just a big fan & wanted to share with y’all!
If you follow along with me on Instagram, you probably got a sneak peek of this precious, tiny baby we added to our family! Breckyn Joy Layton was born on May 22nd weighing 5 pounds, 8 ounces. She came about 4 weeks early but we are so excited she is here & healthy! We’re absolutely smitten with her [big brother included!]. She is nearly 3 weeks old now! I am so thankful that we had a photographer come to the hospital the day after she was born to snap a few of our first family pictures + the first moments that Beckam met his baby sister!
Since this is my second time around, I feel like I was pretty realistic about what I needed for pregnancy + for delivery at the hospital. You can search the Internet for ‘what to pack in your hospital bag’ & find literally hundreds of great posts / lists. So I thought I would do something a little bit different! I put together the 10 items that are must-haves for pregnancy, delivery and recovery! Most of these are for the momma’s but I included a few baby items too. These are items that you won’t ONLY use at the hospital… I’ve literally used all of these for when I was pregnant, at the hospital AND in the three weeks since we’ve been home. If you are going to spend $$$ on items, I don’t want them to be used only in the day or two you’re at the hospital! These things have all been used daily, washed & re-washed almost constantly in our house. I can assure you I thought long and hard about the 10 must-haves I wanted to recommend & am confident these are the best of the best!
10 MUST-Haves for Pregnancy, Delivery & Recovery
1. High Waisted Leggings: I actually owned these BEFORE I got pregnant. I wore them all 9 months comfortably! And they are so lightweight they have been easy to wear after pregnancy too! I wore them at the hospital even. Even though they are ‘leggings’ they are NOT super tight & restricting!
2. Fleece Joggers: Holy moly, these are awesome! I actually own a few colors & they are almost always on sale. They are SO soft. And they are loose but not so oversized you feel sloppy. I wore these the in the hospital and super frequently since we’ve been home!
3. 30 oz. Yeti: I finally splurged on a Yeti a few weeks ago and now feel silly for wasting money on the ‘dupes’ for several years. SO worth it. I literally refill this thing constantly! And it was so nice to have my ‘own’ cup at the hospital too.
4. 12×12 Felt Letterboard: I originally got this to put her name on it for pictures at the hospital. [Which we did as seen in these pics!] BUT! I also plan to use this for her monthly pictures to put the month, her weight, etc. It’s a great size and we actually have it out as ‘decor’ in her room too!
5. KicKee Pants Swaddling Blanket: This brand might be a bit of a ‘splurge’ for baby items but it’s SO worth it! The material is incredible and unlike anything else! This is the blanket we used in the hospital pictures and we have also used it daily at home.
6. Stainless Steel Straws: My husband thought metal straws were crazy… Until he used one 😉 Now he loves them as much as I do! ha! I LOVE how it makes the water you’re drinking seem even colder. Easy to clean too!
7. Barefoot Dreams Cardigan: The 1 item I recommend you splurge on ASAP! I own two of these, both purchased during Nordstrom Anniversary Sales over the past few years. They’re so soft! I have worn these in cute fall outfits not pregnant, but then LIVED in them the last three weeks. 1 was packed for the hospital because I am always cold. I almost never took it off there! And then have literally had 1 out to wear almost everyday over the past 3 weeks. An absolute must!
8. Loose, Button Front Top: Nobody wants to mess with getting nearly undressed in the middle of the night… These tops are the best solution! They are loose, oversized and unbutton easily! I got a few colors and almost exclusively wore these [with the fleece joggers] for the first week. Now these tops are great to wear out & about with boyfriend jeans to make feeding on the go a breeze!
9. Seamless Nursing Bra: Aren’t the stripes CUTE! I also own a few of the solid black. They are very comfortable, which is 100% necessary.
10. Delivery & Nursing Gown: I discovered this through my friend Amanda. It’s gold! It has buttons and openings everywhere LOL Which means the nurses will actually let you wear it when you get to the hospital because they can get to everything they need to! The back has buttons [easy open for an epidural], the straps button at the shoulder [easily unsnapped for nursing], + waist has side slits [for IV access]. This would be great in late pregnancy, at the hospital & at home for recovery! I’ve continued to wear mine because it’s just easy & comfy!
If you are expecting, trying to get pregnant, shopping for a baby shower, want to get something for a pregnant friend, etc. I HIGHLY recommend anything on this list. I can personally attest that each of these items are worth it! Let me know if you have any more questions about them! & Can we just all give a major ‘awwww‘ to these pictures! I LOVE seeing Beckam with his baby sister and of course, watching your husband with your brand new baby is one of the most amazing things in the world! xox
I can pretty confidently say that Amazon Prime is the best yearly subscription for our family. If you look through our Order History you will see everything from diapers and sunscreen to snacks and medicines. But our most recent history features a LOT of super cute clothing items and accessories. Amazon Fashion is quickly becoming a favorite shopping destination! Not only can you get free 2 day shipping but also access to super easy returns if something doesn’t work out. Plus, the prices are seriously SO good!! Amazon outfits are the way to shop!
So I decided to order several things I had been eyeing to see if the price was too good to be true. I put together 6 outfits from Amazon & each of the items is under $27!! I shared them last weekend on Instagram and these were some of the most purchased items of 2019 so far! So I wanted to share them in a full blog post so it was easier to find the links to shop if you were interested. I’ll be sure to include sizing info below too.
And FYI: I am 31 weeks pregnant in these pictures so I bought a size bigger in most things than I would normally.
This button front tank is a Spring & Summer staple. It’s cute on it’s own or worn under a jean jacket/floral kimono. You can front tuck it or tie the bottom! SO many ways to wear it + it comes in several colors! [& the straps are adjustable!] Easily my #1 favorite purchase!! As for these scallop shorts, they are good! They have an elastic waistband which make them incredibly comfortable & bump friendly. I actually ordered the white option as well! And for this panama hat– you’ll see it in every outfit in this blog post. It is such GOOD quality! Very thick and it comes in several color options too. Highly, highly recommend it!
This dress is a dupe for the super popular Nordstrom dress that you see everywhere! But! It’s a fraction of the price. I love the ruching on the sides and the fun detail at the hem line. This is cute with OR without a bump. I plan to order another color! And this kimono has TONS of color & print options but obviously I had to get the leopard. This would also make a good #ootd worn with the button front tank!
This might be one of the most popular Amazon dresses ever. But for a REALLY good reason! It’s the perfect dress to throw on & go all Summer long. [+ it has pockets!!] Wear it over a swimsuit to the pool or dress it up with wedges for dinner! I love it knotted in the front too. It has slits on both sides which is flattering as you move around. Y’all seemed to especially LOVEthis dress on Instastories!
I was able to try this one on with a bump but it wasn’t the most flattering. However, I loved it SO much I saved it because I know I will wear it a ton this Summer after baby girl is born! The straps tie so you can make it as loose/tight as you want in the neckline. It also has a tie around the waist + it has pockets!! Since the legs are flowy it’s incredibly comfy & moves so well. One of my personal favorite Amazon finds!
I mean how darling is this dress! I was worried about the length since I am 5’7 + a bump. But it is PERFECT! I’ve already worn this to teach in too! It comes in a few different color options but this green is very pretty. It has ruffle details on the sleeves! This is a really versatile dress that is good for work, weekends or even vacation. Just change up your accessories!
This is the ideal Summer top! Perfect with white denim or even cuter with cut-off jean shorts. It does run a little shorter but paired with high waist denim, it will be great. & These darling beaded earrings are such a good, affordable find. I love the bright color!
**BONUS! You might have noticed one of the new trends are oversized barrettes. It may seem a bit juvenile but I personally am loving it. If you are wanting to try this trend, grab these. I got these exact set & love them! Only $2.20!!!
———- SHOP ALL AMAZON OUTFITS HERE ———-
I hope you found something to love from these 6 Amazon outfits! You seriously can’t beat the prices & I’m thrilled at how well they fit + feel. Almost everything I shared comes in tons of color options so be sure to click through to see what is available. Best of all, if you have Amazon Prime, these can be at your front door in 2 days 😉 Let me know if you have any questions! Happy shopping, friends! xo