Hi, friends! I often get asked where my favorite place to shop for baby girl clothes for Breckyn is. Of course I love Carters, Target, & Old Navy but lately I have been shopping for her at Walmart more & more! I don’t always love the selection in stores but online is SO good. And most of the things I love have free 1 day shipping when you spend $35. Can’t beat that! So I wanted to round up a few of my current favorite baby girl finds. I just placed an order last night that includes several of these so I will be sure to share a close up of them on Instastories when they come in! Lots of great leopard, stripes and floral. All of my favorite things 😉 The best part is that everything comes in outfits or as sets AND it’s all UNDER $14!!! You can click on anything below to shop. Have a great rest of your week! xo
Happy Tuesday! I have filmed Instastories in Breckyn’s room a few times over the past month and am always getting questions about where different things are from. I thought I would snap a few pictures of her room now that it is fully complete & share where we got everything! The best part in my opinion? We were pretty frugal [at Jake’s demand LOL] when decorating her room. Most things are from Target, Amazon & Hobby Lobby! It’s not over the top fancy but it’s a space I absolutely love. This is definitely a budget-friendly, affordable nursery for a baby girl!
We decided to re-use the crib & dresser from when Beckam was a baby and then purchase the bright, girly decor to make the room feel ‘new’ and fresh! One of my very favorite things in her room is the name sign above her crib! It is SOLID wood & made so beautifully. It was the one item we splurged on & I am so glad we did. I think she will have this in her room for years to come! Also– if you’re shopping for cute crib sheets you’ll learn very quickly they are expensive. BUT! I found that Amazon has tons of options for every color scheme or print you might be searching for & super affordable! I linked everything above that I could find online. Some things are older or not available online so I put that info at the bottom of this post!
Breckyn’s not quite sure what she thinks of the space yet… ha!
Things not online to link for this affordable baby girl nursery:
Crib & Dresser [from Target, purchased in 2016], Gold Mirror above Dresser, Bible Verse Wall Art, Gold B initial & Flowers [from Hobby Lobby], Changing Pad Cover [custom made by Crafty Creations]
If you follow along with me on Instagram, you probably got a sneak peek of this precious, tiny baby we added to our family! Breckyn Joy Layton was born on May 22nd weighing 5 pounds, 8 ounces. She came about 4 weeks early but we are so excited she is here & healthy! We’re absolutely smitten with her [big brother included!]. She is nearly 3 weeks old now! I am so thankful that we had a photographer come to the hospital the day after she was born to snap a few of our first family pictures + the first moments that Beckam met his baby sister!
Since this is my second time around, I feel like I was pretty realistic about what I needed for pregnancy + for delivery at the hospital. You can search the Internet for ‘what to pack in your hospital bag’ & find literally hundreds of great posts / lists. So I thought I would do something a little bit different! I put together the 10 items that are must-haves for pregnancy, delivery and recovery! Most of these are for the momma’s but I included a few baby items too. These are items that you won’t ONLY use at the hospital… I’ve literally used all of these for when I was pregnant, at the hospital AND in the three weeks since we’ve been home. If you are going to spend $$$ on items, I don’t want them to be used only in the day or two you’re at the hospital! These things have all been used daily, washed & re-washed almost constantly in our house. I can assure you I thought long and hard about the 10 must-haves I wanted to recommend & am confident these are the best of the best!
10 MUST-Haves for Pregnancy, Delivery & Recovery
1. High Waisted Leggings: I actually owned these BEFORE I got pregnant. I wore them all 9 months comfortably! And they are so lightweight they have been easy to wear after pregnancy too! I wore them at the hospital even. Even though they are ‘leggings’ they are NOT super tight & restricting!
2. Fleece Joggers: Holy moly, these are awesome! I actually own a few colors & they are almost always on sale. They are SO soft. And they are loose but not so oversized you feel sloppy. I wore these the in the hospital and super frequently since we’ve been home!
3. 30 oz. Yeti: I finally splurged on a Yeti a few weeks ago and now feel silly for wasting money on the ‘dupes’ for several years. SO worth it. I literally refill this thing constantly! And it was so nice to have my ‘own’ cup at the hospital too.
4. 12×12 Felt Letterboard: I originally got this to put her name on it for pictures at the hospital. [Which we did as seen in these pics!] BUT! I also plan to use this for her monthly pictures to put the month, her weight, etc. It’s a great size and we actually have it out as ‘decor’ in her room too!
5. KicKee Pants Swaddling Blanket: This brand might be a bit of a ‘splurge’ for baby items but it’s SO worth it! The material is incredible and unlike anything else! This is the blanket we used in the hospital pictures and we have also used it daily at home.
6. Stainless Steel Straws: My husband thought metal straws were crazy… Until he used one 😉 Now he loves them as much as I do! ha! I LOVE how it makes the water you’re drinking seem even colder. Easy to clean too!
7. Barefoot Dreams Cardigan: The 1 item I recommend you splurge on ASAP! I own two of these, both purchased during Nordstrom Anniversary Sales over the past few years. They’re so soft! I have worn these in cute fall outfits not pregnant, but then LIVED in them the last three weeks. 1 was packed for the hospital because I am always cold. I almost never took it off there! And then have literally had 1 out to wear almost everyday over the past 3 weeks. An absolute must!
8. Loose, Button Front Top: Nobody wants to mess with getting nearly undressed in the middle of the night… These tops are the best solution! They are loose, oversized and unbutton easily! I got a few colors and almost exclusively wore these [with the fleece joggers] for the first week. Now these tops are great to wear out & about with boyfriend jeans to make feeding on the go a breeze!
9. Seamless Nursing Bra: Aren’t the stripes CUTE! I also own a few of the solid black. They are very comfortable, which is 100% necessary.
10. Delivery & Nursing Gown: I discovered this through my friend Amanda. It’s gold! It has buttons and openings everywhere LOL Which means the nurses will actually let you wear it when you get to the hospital because they can get to everything they need to! The back has buttons [easy open for an epidural], the straps button at the shoulder [easily unsnapped for nursing], + waist has side slits [for IV access]. This would be great in late pregnancy, at the hospital & at home for recovery! I’ve continued to wear mine because it’s just easy & comfy!
If you are expecting, trying to get pregnant, shopping for a baby shower, want to get something for a pregnant friend, etc. I HIGHLY recommend anything on this list. I can personally attest that each of these items are worth it! Let me know if you have any more questions about them! & Can we just all give a major ‘awwww‘ to these pictures! I LOVE seeing Beckam with his baby sister and of course, watching your husband with your brand new baby is one of the most amazing things in the world! xox