Today I wanted to share my top 12 baby registry items that every momma needs! I have & use every single item here! These items have all stood the test over the last 11 months [omg! Can’t believe it’s been that long!] and I swear by them. Whether you are a mom, you’re currently expecting OR maybe you’re shopping for a baby gift- these are all must-have items. Prices on these items range from under $10 to about $200 so they will fit any budget. Let me know what other baby items you use & love!
1. WubbaNub Pacifier Toy: How cute is this?! Beckam loves his pacifier with the monkey! It makes it easier for him to hold on to!
2. Little Giraffe Blanket: This is the softest blanket ever! It’s always the one we grab to cuddle on the couch at night.
3. Honest Company Products: We use Honest Company for everything! We use their diapers, wipes, body wash, formula, cleaner, laundry, etc. I seriously swear by them! You can buy them at Target too.
5. Vera Bradley Diaper Bag: I searched high and low for diaper bags. I didn’t want to spend a crazy amount of money on something that was going to be carrying diapers and dirty clothes! lol I also wanted something very neutral that would work for a boy or girl & one that I could make Jake carry 😉 This one has been perfect!
6. Velcro Swaddle: Beckam slept swaddled for about 7 or 8 months. These are super affordable and make it so easy to wrap that sweet baby up!
7. Nose Frida: Ok, people are always SO thrown off by this at first. Yes, technically you are physically sucking the snot out of baby’s nose. BUT- there is NO chance it’s going to get in your mouth. Promise! Jake was so repulsed by this at first but once he actually used it, he realized it’s not a big deal at all. The NICU nurses we had all recommended this too! Probably one of my favorite items on this list!
8. Humidifier: This has been a huge help to keep B’s room from being too dry! I love the sleek design too.
9. Rinse & Roll Bib: Ok, this is a lifesaver. Once we started introducing foods, meal-time got a lot messier! He had so many cute bibs that were getting stained & were hard to keep clean. But THIS is amazing. You can literally just wash it off in the sink and not worry about stains! Also, it is great on the go so you don’t have to worry about a dirty bib in the diaper bag.
10. Boppy Pillow: We loved this for feeding, lounging & tummy time!
11. ‘Grass’ Drying Rack: This is perfect for bottles that need to dry. It’s a simple design so it doesn’t drive me crazy sitting out on our counter!
12. mamaRoo: I saved the best for last! We LOVE this. I can’t even tell you how many times this has saved me! B loves it & it always puts him right to sleep. If you’re looking to splurge a little, this is definitely something you need!
Let me know if you have questions about any of these items! Hope you babes have a great Friday! xox
Today’s post is brought to you from a new mom who sometimes struggles to feel cute & trendy while still wearing things that are functional to chase after a baby all day… ME! With a 10 month old who is constantly on the move, making messes & requires my total attention, it can be really hard to get dressed every day. I always want to feel cute but not wear something super impractical for playing mom all day! If you have every found yourself in the same boat, are a mom-to-be or maybe you work in a field that presents some of these same challenges- I have made a list of the Top 10 closet staples you need! I think these are the things that make it easy to get dressed every morning in an outfit that you can feel good in & won’t have to fuss with through the day.
Okay, this might be the number one closet staple for a mom! There are so many cute options out there for flats. If you need a dressier flat, the Tory Burch Minnie Travel Flat is my favorite. If you are going more casual, the Adidas Superstar sneakers are making a come back & I love it! These gold ones are super cute and super functional. These flats are another great, everyday option that won’t break the bank. And you definitely need a pair of leopard flats! They go with so much, in any season. And obviously I am a BIG fan of these glitter Keds. Obsessed actually. Flats are the shoe closet hero. They can take you through the grocery store or even out on a date!
I love a good, bright lip. It’s such a simple thing that takes about 30 seconds to apply in the morning. And it’s something Beckam can’t pull off during the day! ha! Some lipsticks might prevent you from smooching your baby all day [I admit, Beckam has had a few lipstick marks in his day! ha!] but I love this one that won’t wear off! This is also my go-to chapstick that also has color! I just feel a little more put together with a lippie on! It’s a simple way to boost that basic t-shirt & skinny jeans outfit up a fashion level! Love the lip color in this post!
3. The Perfect Pair of Denim
Okay, I know I’m not the only one guilty of having jeans that I have to pull up all day. Or having to make sure that I wear a long shirt so when I bend over to pick up Beckam I don’t have to worry about the world seeing too much! ha! This might be one of the bigger ‘investments‘ I’ve made into my mom wardrobe but so. worth. it. I love the Paige denim brand. They carry them at Nordstrom but you can also score them even cheaper at Nordstrom Rack! Not only do they hold their shape so they actually FIT all day, but they keep their color and last a long time too! A good dark skinny jean works well with flats and a tee for your typical mom routine but can also be easily dressed up for that rare date night out!
I am a bag girl. I have a smallcollection hoarders stash and they are always the first thing I still want to shop for! However, I have found that my larger totes haven’t gotten much use over the past 10 months. I am always reaching for a crossbody bag because it allows me to be hands free while we are out and about. And Lord knows Beckam requires both hands to keep him out of trouble! Get a classic color like cognac, black or white & it will go with almost every outfit you have! Cute? Yes! Functional? Yes!
5. Casual Tees
I am a big fan of layering. And having a few cute casual tees on hand makes it easy and quick! I love these because they come in SO many colors. I also love Piko’s from Lush Fashion Lounge. They wash well [who has time for dry cleaning??] and hold up great! I like to make my simple tees ‘cuter’ by adding a statement necklace, knotting it at the side, wearing with colored denim or something extra to make it a more put-together outfit! Also, stripe tees like this one are easy to print mix with a patterned cardigan or kimono!
6. Basic / Dainty Necklace
If y’all know me well at all you know I am a sucker for a big statement necklace! But, as Beckam gets older he starts to pull on my necklaces and earrings more & more! While I still wear my big statement necklaces every chance I get, a dainty necklace is much more practical with baby hands around! I have this latitude and longitude one [hello, geography teacher here! ha!] and this initial one. There are seriously so many cute options out there! And they pair super cute with a v-neck tee for a simple, classic outfit.
This is a new-to-me trend. I know I am a little late to the party on this one but I just picked up my first pair from H&M! I’m now shooting myself in the foot for not hoping on this 10 months ago! Joggers are perfect for the mom on the go who wants to still look cute! They feel like pajamas on [that’s a BIG win] yet make for a classic outfit! Think: thesejoggers with a front tucked tee shirt & lace up flats! Perfect for the grocery store, a play date or even a real date!
8. T-Shirt Dress
This is what I lived in last summer! T-shirt dresses – especially the loose, non-fitted kind – are a momma’s best friend! They hide any bumps you don’t want to show the world, are usually super soft, and is a 1-piece outfit! Seriously though- add a cute pair of sandals, layer with a jean jacket and top off with a crossbody & it’s an outfit you can wear anywhere! I am especially fond of t-shirt dresses with stripes because they are more ‘camouflage‘ and less likely to be see-through. Take it from my experience! ha!
9. Painted Nails
Ok so this is an easy one! As a mom we use our hands all. the. time. Making bottles, changing diapers, cooking, folding laundry, etc. Well I can tell you I always feel better if I have a cute polish on. You will rarely catch me with no polish at all actually! Obviously the cheapest option here is to pick up your favorite color polish at Target. BUT, I have the hardest time getting polish to stay looking fresh for more than a few days. [Chipped nails drive me nuts!] And I hate having to re-paint all the time because #drytimesucks! So every 2-3 weeks I sneak away for an hour when Jake is home and get a gel polish! I have been doing this for a few years actually and LOVE it. Mine always stay perfect, with no chips. I loving having that extra pop of color and it really does help pull together whatever outfit I am wearing! PS- red is my go-to color!
So other than the obvious reason for warmth, a good jacket or cardigan is a mom’s lifesaver! I am usually cold so I always have one with me! But lately, it’s also been used to cover up mashed sweet potato stains on my shirt and a few spit up marks while at the mall. So that the functional side of it. But the fashionable side is just as important! A casual tee can look super basic. But add a blush cardigan or a utility jacket over it and it’s instantly a cute outfit you can go anywhere in! I love wearing layers and this is definitely a functional AND fashionable closet staple for moms!
Well let me know what you think about these top 10 closet staples for a fashionable & functional mom! I hope this was helpful to all of you hard working mom’s who are struggling [like I was] to find a way to meet both ends! Have a happy Wednesday! xo