Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'collapsArch' does not have a method 'enqueue_scripts' in /home/customer/www/styledblonde.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308 shopping guide Archives | Styled Blonde
The Summer weather has finally arrived in sunny Southern California! I’ve been shopping for sandals, shorts, dresses, tees & all the Summer accessories. & I hit the jackpot recently with none other than WALMART! If you’re anything like me, you probably rolled your eyes if your mom took you clothes shopping at Walmart as a teenager. But lucky for us, [ now that we pay for our own clothes 😉 ] they have totally changed their game plan! They have SUPER cute clothes, shoes & accessories at their same, really low prices. I seriously can’t get over how much I love some of these affordable summer style finds! And fun fact: 90% of Americans live within 10 MILES of a Walmart! That means it’s super accessible for everyone! BUT! If you would rather shop online, they now offer FREE 2 day shipping on orders of $35+.
I’ve been raving about a few of my absolute favorites on Instagram for the past few weeks but thought I would share my favorite outfits in one place! The 2 things I have worn the most? These white sandals [less than $11!!] and these rose gold sandals that are $15! They are so comfortable and I’ve worn them ALL day with no issues. Several of these outfits cost a TOTAL of around $50- for everything. So if you’re looking to update your Summer wardrobe, check out Walmart. You may be surprised at what you find! 🙂
PS: I purchased these items with my own money & this blog post is NOT sponsored. I am truly just a big fan & wanted to share with y’all!
If you follow along with me on Instagram, you probably got a sneak peek of this precious, tiny baby we added to our family! Breckyn Joy Layton was born on May 22nd weighing 5 pounds, 8 ounces. She came about 4 weeks early but we are so excited she is here & healthy! We’re absolutely smitten with her [big brother included!]. She is nearly 3 weeks old now! I am so thankful that we had a photographer come to the hospital the day after she was born to snap a few of our first family pictures + the first moments that Beckam met his baby sister!
Since this is my second time around, I feel like I was pretty realistic about what I needed for pregnancy + for delivery at the hospital. You can search the Internet for ‘what to pack in your hospital bag’ & find literally hundreds of great posts / lists. So I thought I would do something a little bit different! I put together the 10 items that are must-haves for pregnancy, delivery and recovery! Most of these are for the momma’s but I included a few baby items too. These are items that you won’t ONLY use at the hospital… I’ve literally used all of these for when I was pregnant, at the hospital AND in the three weeks since we’ve been home. If you are going to spend $$$ on items, I don’t want them to be used only in the day or two you’re at the hospital! These things have all been used daily, washed & re-washed almost constantly in our house. I can assure you I thought long and hard about the 10 must-haves I wanted to recommend & am confident these are the best of the best!
10 MUST-Haves for Pregnancy, Delivery & Recovery
1. High Waisted Leggings: I actually owned these BEFORE I got pregnant. I wore them all 9 months comfortably! And they are so lightweight they have been easy to wear after pregnancy too! I wore them at the hospital even. Even though they are ‘leggings’ they are NOT super tight & restricting!
2. Fleece Joggers: Holy moly, these are awesome! I actually own a few colors & they are almost always on sale. They are SO soft. And they are loose but not so oversized you feel sloppy. I wore these the in the hospital and super frequently since we’ve been home!
3. 30 oz. Yeti: I finally splurged on a Yeti a few weeks ago and now feel silly for wasting money on the ‘dupes’ for several years. SO worth it. I literally refill this thing constantly! And it was so nice to have my ‘own’ cup at the hospital too.
4. 12×12 Felt Letterboard: I originally got this to put her name on it for pictures at the hospital. [Which we did as seen in these pics!] BUT! I also plan to use this for her monthly pictures to put the month, her weight, etc. It’s a great size and we actually have it out as ‘decor’ in her room too!
5. KicKee Pants Swaddling Blanket: This brand might be a bit of a ‘splurge’ for baby items but it’s SO worth it! The material is incredible and unlike anything else! This is the blanket we used in the hospital pictures and we have also used it daily at home.
6. Stainless Steel Straws: My husband thought metal straws were crazy… Until he used one 😉 Now he loves them as much as I do! ha! I LOVE how it makes the water you’re drinking seem even colder. Easy to clean too!
7. Barefoot Dreams Cardigan: The 1 item I recommend you splurge on ASAP! I own two of these, both purchased during Nordstrom Anniversary Sales over the past few years. They’re so soft! I have worn these in cute fall outfits not pregnant, but then LIVED in them the last three weeks. 1 was packed for the hospital because I am always cold. I almost never took it off there! And then have literally had 1 out to wear almost everyday over the past 3 weeks. An absolute must!
8. Loose, Button Front Top: Nobody wants to mess with getting nearly undressed in the middle of the night… These tops are the best solution! They are loose, oversized and unbutton easily! I got a few colors and almost exclusively wore these [with the fleece joggers] for the first week. Now these tops are great to wear out & about with boyfriend jeans to make feeding on the go a breeze!
9. Seamless Nursing Bra: Aren’t the stripes CUTE! I also own a few of the solid black. They are very comfortable, which is 100% necessary.
10. Delivery & Nursing Gown: I discovered this through my friend Amanda. It’s gold! It has buttons and openings everywhere LOL Which means the nurses will actually let you wear it when you get to the hospital because they can get to everything they need to! The back has buttons [easy open for an epidural], the straps button at the shoulder [easily unsnapped for nursing], + waist has side slits [for IV access]. This would be great in late pregnancy, at the hospital & at home for recovery! I’ve continued to wear mine because it’s just easy & comfy!
If you are expecting, trying to get pregnant, shopping for a baby shower, want to get something for a pregnant friend, etc. I HIGHLY recommend anything on this list. I can personally attest that each of these items are worth it! Let me know if you have any more questions about them! & Can we just all give a major ‘awwww‘ to these pictures! I LOVE seeing Beckam with his baby sister and of course, watching your husband with your brand new baby is one of the most amazing things in the world! xox
With a forecast of rain all week here in San Diego, I’m definitely longing for a warm weather getaway! While I love layering and all the coziness of Fall & Winter, after Christmas I am ready to break out the brighter colors! I have several friends that are jet setting off to warm weather beaches in the next few weeks [my girl Cortney being one of them!] so out of jealousy, I wanted to search for all the new vacation goodies! Some of my favorite retailers – Shopbop & Nordstrom – have released tons of new arrivals that are perfect if you have a vacation to a tropical paradise coming up!
If you’ve booked a beachy getaway, here are a few must-haves for your travels:
Bright Sunnies: There’s nothing that pairs better with your swimsuit than a fun pair of sunglasses. There are so many cute options with pinks, oranges and blues!
Fun Hair Accessories: This is a huge trend right now! There are lots of printed scrunchies and headbands to shop. Perfect for lounging beachside!
Colorful Coverup: Bindya is one of my favorite brands for swim suit coverups! They have bright colors & pom details!
Bold Statement Earrings: I am normally a fan of minimal jewelry in the pool but there is just something eye catching about a cute statement earring with your swimsuit! Especially since your hair is normally pulled back or in a braid, it’s just a fun accessory to wear!
THE ‘It’ Bag: The Cult Gaia bags were the bags last year. They have so many great new styles out so you can be sure they will be everywhere this year too!
Printed Phone Case: You will be taking your phone on vacation for all of the picture opps, so you might as well add a cute, bright new case to it too!